Delight in the Present Moment
These days seem to fly by in a blur. There is so much to do between mothering, home responsibilities and work that staying focused on what is happening right now can be a challenge. Today, I made a point to notice. I intentionally slowed down and celebrated. Time moves so fast and this is what I want to always remember about this particular moment in time with our daughter:
- Her wide, toothy grin when she first sees me. She gets so genuinely excited and it completely warms my heart.
- The uh-oh when anything drops. It's adorable, even when "uh oh" is actually an "on purpose"
- How proud she is of her new walking skills (cue the same excited gasp).
- I hope the sound of her sweet voice is always etched on my soul. Mama, Dada and wow are my favorite of her words.
- I want to always recall how sweet it is (albeit exhausting) that when she is sick, mama is all she wants, And I want her too <3.
- I want to remember how when she gets sleepy she lays her head down on the floor, but only for a minute. She's having WAY too much fun to stop and sleep.
- Every single moment is an opportunity to play a game- especially peek- a-boo, which always gets the big belly laughs!
This perfect moment is perfectly imperfect.